Scope and Contents Note
The collection contains material on private and specialty presses, dating primarily from the 1980s to the present. Many items in the collection are prospectuses and offerings of new books by the presses. The items are often specially printed on unusual and handmade papers or with special printing techniques.
The Press Ephemera Collection is intended as a supplement to published works held in MU Libraries. Examples can be found by searching MERLIN using the name of the press as the author.
The materials in this collection were gathered by Special Collections staff, and have been greatly supplemented by a donation from John Marshall White and Melanie White.
How to Use the Collection
The collection is available to all researchers. Material must be used in Special Collection’s reading room during service hours or by appointment
Due to the large size of this list, the inventory has been separated into several files, arranged alphabetically. Clicking on a press’s name will take you directly to the information for that press; otherwise, clicking on the subject headings (such as “Private Presses C – G”) will allow you to browse the lists of materials for all presses included in that file.
Press unknown and miscellaneous
- Keepsake card with quotation from Abraham Lincoln, January 1, 1951. Schlosser Paper Corporation.
- Greeting card, “Greetings from the Home & the Heart of the Golds.Cote d’Or in the Adirondacks.”
- Booklet, Responsibility: A Sermon, by Daniel Russell. 20 March 1938.
- Keepsake, “Oh! If There Were No Printers” by E.M. Heist, for Printing Week, 15-21 January 1950.
- Keepsake, “Psalm to a Taxpayer,” printed by the Congressional Record (?).
- Booklet, Printing: Uninhibited. An exhibition of work done in: Barns, Cellars, Bedrooms, Attics, and Other Unlikely Places. Boston, New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, 1953.
- Announcement, Printing as an Art: A History of the Society of Printers, Boston 1905-1955 by Ray Nash. “Order from Harvard University Press” on the back.
- Program, “In Remembrance of Elizabeth McConkey.” 13 November 1938. Fort Washington Presbyterian Church, New York City.
- Book, Irving, Washington. Christmas Eve from the Sketch Book of Geoffrey Crayon, Gent. New York: Privately Printed, 1930.
- Booklet, “Memories of the Gay 90s.”
- Folder, The First Printing of a Wylie Sonnet. “Nadir” by Elinor Wylie. 100 copies printed for Mahlon Leonard Fisher at Williamsport, Pennsylvania, June 1937.
- Announcement, Dürer’s 1511 Drawing of a Press and Printer by Ray Nash. Anthoesen Press, n.d.
- Announcement, The Descent of HRH the Prince of Wales & The Lady Diana Spencer from King James VI & I, Lairg Limited Editions.
- Booklet of paper samples of Strathmore Permanent, Strathmore Paper Company, West Springfield, Massachusetts, n.d.
- Folder, “Hurlbut Permanent Record made for a Book to be read in the Year 6939.” Hurlbut Paper Company, South Lee, Massachusetts, 1938. 2 copies.
- Advertisement, Boots and Saddles by George Custer
- Booklet, “A tribute to the work of George W. Jones,” 1940
- Bookmark, “Invitation to a Bookshop”
- Bookmark, “Slightly wonky Clerihew for the Captain’s Bookshelf,” 1989
- Broadside, “If you love something, set it free…”
- Broadside, “To Live, To Praise”
- Brochure, Goudy Graphic Reproduction Collection
- Business card, David Scattergood, engraver on wood
- Card, “This is the picture of the old house by the Cam…” with woodcut of house and river
- Christmas ornament, “A Holiday Star,” 1985
- Engraving of papermakers, possibly a reproduction from Diderot’s Encyclopédie (?)
- Keepsake, “A Printed Broadside dated at Detroit, January 26, 1790,” Cass Technical High School, 1942
- Keepsake, “Naturally you’re out of book space,” 1986
- Keepsake, “Papermaking by Hand,” 1982
- Keepsake, “Some Doubts in Translating,” Arthur Graham, 1973
- Keepsake, “Sonnets from the Portuguese,” printed by Robert Orbach
- Printer paper doll, early twentieth century.
- Quincy Typographical Union card, 1869
- Subscription notice, “Proposals for reprinting the third series of “notes and queries…” Harrisburg Printing Company
- Subscription notice, Pennsylvania Genealogies
- Letter, J.P. Tracey to a customer, Springfield Weekly Advertiser Book and Job Printing, January 24, 1876
- Broadside, The Richard Committee for Academic Excellence, 1990
- Booklet, “The Printing Trades in 1836.”
- Paragon Typewriter Paper Sample Book, P631
- Paragon Printing Works Sample Book B
- Carnegie magazine XVII (June 1943).
- Twinrocker Handmade Paper samples (2 envelopes)
- Card, Antique Billhead Electrotypes
- Envelope, D.C. Churchman
- Advertisement, “Put a dash of class into your printing…”
- Real Estate Advertiser, Mexico, MO (encapsulated)
- Poster, Wendell Berry and Gary Snyder
- Poster, American Amateur Press Association, 1982
- Proof sheets on newsprint, unidentified publication
- Proof pages, Five Dramatic Ballads as Sung by John Jacob Niles, Lexington, KY: 1983.
- Wood engraving of Santa Claus
- Wanted Poster, April White
- Large Broadside, “The Eagle,” 1986
- Large Broadside, “Food”
- Kilmory Text Sample Book
- Economy Covers Sample Book
- Silverflake Sample Book
Abbe, Elfriede [Press of]
- Photograph of book cover.
- Prospectus, The City of Carcasonne by Eugène Emmanuel Viollet-le-Duc with wood engravings by Elfriede Abbe.
- Specimen page, The City of Carcasonne by Eugène Emmanuel Viollet-le-Duc with wood engravings by Elfriede Abbe.
- Vita for Elfriede Abbe. 2 copies.
- Announcement, The Fern Herbal with wood engravings by Elfriede Abbe.
- Specimen page with color woodcut, The Fern Herbal with wood engravings by Elfriede Abbe.
- Specimen page with text and monochrome woodcut, The Fern Herbal with wood engravings by Elfriede Abbe.
Absolute Zero Press
- Booklet, Typographic samples printed by Introduction to Typography class, 1975
- Prospectus, A Canticle to the Waterbirds by William Everson, 1992.
- Broadside, “Aemstelledamme” by Spinoza, 1975.
- Prospectus, Buchstabenfreude/The Delight of Letters: A Collection of Quotations from the Works of Rudolf Koch, 1976.
- Letter to Margaret Howell announcing a new book from Susan Allix, from Joshua Heller Rare Books, March 21, 1997.
- Vita for Susan Jennifer Allix.
American Institute of Graphic Arts
- Booklet, “Color as We See It, Photograph It, Print It.” Margaret L. Brady Memorial Exhibition of Photography, New York: November 9-27, 1944.
- Booklet, “A Medal for Ben,” remarks delivered by Mrs. Cipe Pineles Golden at the presentation of the Medal of the American Institute of Graphic Arts to Ben Shahn at a dinner meeting in New York on November 13, 1958
- Booklet, “An Exhibition of hand bookbinding, case-making, restoration, Calligraphy & illumination, and hand-decorated papers,” sponsored by the Guild of Book Workers, 1959.
- Booklet, “The Author Looks at Format,” comments by Van Wyck Brooks, Pearl S. Buck, et al; designed by Warren Chappell, set by Intertype Corporation, printed by Newman-Rudolph Lithograph Company, paper supplied by Richard Bauer Paper Company, binding by the Cuneo Press.
Anson Jones Press
- The Texas Declaration of Independence: An Exact Facsimile, 1943.
- Prospectus, specimen page, order form and biographical information for Poems by Li Po, 1983
- Prospectus, Andromache: A Tragedy, 1987
- Proof sheets for an edition of the Gospels, 1955.
- Proof sheets for an unknown publication, printed in two directions
Appletree Alley, Press of
- Prospectus, Provincetown by Mary Oliver with wood engravings by Barnard Taylor, 1987
- Announcement, Yad Vashem Children’s Memorial by Peter Balakian, 1996
- Announcement, Sandy Point by Afaa Michael Weaver with wood engravings by Rosalyn Richards, 2000.
- Announcement, My Dear Gogarty, ed. Mary Chenoweth Stratton, n.d.
- Prospectus, Shaw on Theatre: A Half-Century of Advices, edited by Mary Chenoweth Stratton with illustrations by Stephen Kraft, n.d.
- Prospectus, Night Life: Poems by William Matthews with wood engravings by Anne Jope, n.d.
- Announcement, The Distance by Bruce Smith, n.d.
- Prospectus, Jamaica Poems by Louis Simpson with wood engravings by John DePol, n.d.
- Prospectus, Night Lake by Jean Valentine with illustrations by Linda Plotkin, n.d.
- Prospectus, Shaw on Women with foreword by Margot Peters and wood engravings by Linda Holmes, n.d.
- Announcement, Nine Answers by G. Bernard Shaw, n.d.
- Note about hand binding by Don and Pam Rash, n.d.
- Announcement, Adam and Eve by Karl Shapiro with etchings by Rosalyn Richards, n.d.
- Announcement, The Oriental Rug by Peter Balakian with linocuts by Barnard Taylor, n.d.
- Prospectus, The Light Station on Tillamook Rock by Madeline De Frees with illustrations by Rosalyn Richards, n.d.
- Prospectus, Sonnets by Hayden Carruth, first publication, with wood engravings by Barnard Taylor, n.d.
- Announcement, Distances by Josephine Jacobsen with illustrations by Barnard Taylor, n.d.
- Announcement, “Alfresco” by John Wheatcroft, chapbook number 1, with wood engravings by Colleen Shannon, n.d.
- Prospectus, Printing as Art: William Morris & His Circle of Influence edited by Mary Chenoweth Stratton with wood engravings by Linda Holmes, n.d.
- Announcement, His Mistress’s Voice by Philip Roth, n.d.
- Announcement, The Rossettis: Brothers & the Brotherhood with introduction by Alicia Craig Faxon and wood engravings by Linda Holmes, n.d.
- Prospectus, All of Us Here by Irving Feldman with illustrations by George Zoretich, n.d.
- Prospectus, The Man Who Loved Islands by D.H. Lawrence with illustrations by John DePol, n.d.
- Prospectus, Traveling at Home by Wendell Berry with wood engravings by John DePol, n.d.
- Announcement, Saint Paul, The First Hermit: His Life by St. Jerome in the translation of 1630, n.d.
- Prospectus, Closing the Ring by Maxine Kumin, n.d.
- Prospectus, Invisible Estate: Sequences of Father-Son Poems by Peter Balakian and Bruce Smith with woodcut illustrations by Rosalyn Richards, n.d.
- Prospectus, Ballylee: The Tower Poems of William Butler Yeats, n.d.
- Prospectus, The Voice of Marrakesh by Elias Canetti with photographs by Karl Bissinger and etchings by William T. Wiley.
- Prospectus, The Art of English Shooting by George Edie. Reprint of 1775 edition, 1993.
- Prospectus, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, 1993.
- Price list, fine books and prints in limited editions, 1995.
- Prospectus, Selected Poems by Herman Melville with an engraving by Barry Moser, 1995.
- Prospectus, The Case of the Wolf-Man from The History of an Infantile Neurosis by Sigmund Freud with etchings and woodcuts by Jim Dine, 1995.
- Prospectus, Call It Sleep by Henry Roth, 1995.
- Prospectus, The Physiology of Taste, or Meditations on Transcendental Gastronomy by Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin with illustrations by Wayne Thiebaud.
- Prospectus, The Silverado Squatters by Robert Louis Stevenson with photographs by Michael Kenna, 1996.
- Invitation to a cocktail reception celebrating the publication of The Physiology of Taste by Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, 28 November 1994.
- “News from Arion Press,” November 1994.
- “The Arion Press Deluxe Limited Edition Books,” Fall 1985.
- Announcement card with picture of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Announcement card with picture of Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror by John Ashberry.
- Announcement card with picture of The Hound of the Baskervilles by A. Conan Doyle.
- Announcement card with picture of Shaped Poetry: A Suite of 30 Typographic Prints in portfolio.
- Announcement card with picture of The World is Round by Gertrude Stein.
- Announcement card with picture of The Lay of the Love and Death of Cornet Christopher Rilke by Rainer Maria Rilke.
- Article: Bruckner, D.J.R. “With Art and Craftsmanship, Books Regain Former Glory.” New York Times Magazine, 28 October 1984, 37-43+.
- Article: Green, Blake. “Impressions of a Fine Printer: Andrew Hoyem’s books unite words and art – and are works of art in themselves.” San Francisco Chronicle, 17 May 1986, 11.
- Handwritten note to Mrs. Howell signed G.B. Carson, 15 October 1986.
- Prospectus, Genesis, translated from the Hebrew by Robert Alter with an etching by Michael Mazur, 1996. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov, 1994.
- Prospectus, Captivity Narrative of Hannah Duston, as related by Cotton Mather, John Greenleaf Whittier, Nathaniel Hawthorne and Henry David Thoreau.
- Prospectus, Ulysses by James Joyce with etchings by Robert Motherwell, 1988.
- Prospectus, The World/Swiat by Czeslaw Milosz with a print by Jim Dine.
- Notice, Arion Press Subscription, 1987.
- Greeting card, “Christmas Greetings & good wishes for 1989 from the Arion Press.”
- Prospectus, How I Came to Be a Governor of the Island of Cacona by the Hon. Francis Thistleton (William Henry Fleet), 1989.
- Prospectus, Ulysses by James Joyce with etchings by Robert Motherwell
- Announcement of limited edition books, 1989.
- Prospectus, The Life and Opinions of Tristam Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Sterne with illustrations by John Baldessari, 1988.
- Booklet, “Arion Press Books: Literature and Art in Deluxe Editions.”
- Prospectus, Le Désert de Retz: A Late Eighteenth-Century French Folly Gardenby Diana Ketcham, 1990.
- Prospectus, United States Constitution, 1987.
- Article: Zane, Maitland. “A Brand-New 200-Year-Old Document: An Expensive, exclusive look for the Constitution.” San Francisco Chronicle 10 January 1987
- Greeting card, “Behold the merry minstrels of the morn.” 1986.
- Article: Starr, Kevin. “Grayson’s Gift.” California Magazine (Dec. 1986): 98- 100+.
- Greeting card with specimen page from Tristam Shandy, 1987.
- Prospectus, A Moral Fable-Talk by Arthur Golding, 1987.
- Brochure, “A Decade of Deluxe Limited Edition Books from the Arion Press.”
- Prospectus, Flatland by Edwin Abbott.
- Prospectus, Diary of a Non-Deflector: Selected Poems by Jim Dine and What If: Poems 1969-1987 by Andrew Hoyem.
- Prospectus, Birds of the Pacific Slope as Painted and Described by Andrew Jackson Grayson, 1986.
- Prospectus, Christian Symbols drawn by Rudolf Koch with the collaboration of Fritz Kredel.
- Prospectus, Go Your Stations, Girl by Carl R. Martin, 1991.
- Prospectus, Eureka: An Essay on the Material and Spiritual Universe by Edgar Allan Poe with illustrations by Arakawa, 1991.
- Prospectus, Thirty-Three Sonnets of Guido Cavalcanti translated by Ezra Pound with etchings by Joseph Goldine.
- Prospectus, American Buffalo by David Mamet with wood engravings by Michael McCurdy.
- Prospectus, A Life of the Mind by San Shepard with illustrations by Stan Washburn.
- Prospectus, Kaddish for Naomi Ginberg, 1894-1956 by Allen Ginsberg with lithographs by R.B. Kitaj, 1992.
- Prospectus, Williwaw by Gore Vidal.
- Prospectus, The Alienist by Joaquim Maria Machado de Assis with illustrations by Carroll Dunham, 1998. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Kora in Hell by William Carlos Williams with prints by Mel Kendrick, 1998.
- Prospectus, Cane by Jean Toomer with woodcuts by Martin Puryear, 2000
- Prospectus, The Price by Arthur Miller, 1999.
- Price list, February 1998. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino with illustrations by Wayne Thiebaud, 1999.
- Keepsake, “I Heard a Fly Buzz – When I Died” by Emily Dickinson, 1998.
- Leaflet, “How to Join the Subscribers of the Arion Press.”
- Prospectus, With the Night Mail: A Story of 2000 A.D. by Rudyard Kipling with illustrations by Vincent Perez, 1998.
- Prospectus, Shakespeare’s Sonnets introduced and edited by Helen Vendler
- Price list, September 1997.
- Prospectus, Paradise Lost by John Milton, 2002.
- Prospectus, Ape & Cat by Jim Dine and The Madonna of the Future by Henry James, 1997.
- Prospectus, The Holy Bible, 1998.
- Prospectus, Squarings by Seamus Heany with illustrations by Sol Lewitt, 2003.
- Price list, November 2003.
- Prospectus, A Travel Book by Fred Martin
- Prospectus, Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott, 1980
- Prospectus, The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler, 1986
- Poster, The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler, 1986
- Prospectus, A Commonplace Book of Cookery by Robert Grabhorn, facsimile of the 1975 Arion Press edition
- Prospectus, The Temple of Flora: Twenty Eight Drypoint Engravings by Jim Dine
- Letter, “To Our Customers,” signed Andrew Hoyem
- Prospectus, The Standard Edition of the Book of Common Prayer, 1982
Ash Ranch Press
- Miniature booklet: Ash Ranch Press, The Private Press of Don Hildreth: The Story and Catalogue No. 1, 1987.
- Article: Growald, R.H. “To Microbibliophiles, small is beautiful. San Diego Union, 14 March 1987.
- Prospectus, The Ashendene Press by Colin Franklin. Published by Bridwell Library, Southern Methodist University.
Barn Collections Press
- Prospectus, The Egyptian Man by Nina Barragan with etchings by Alan Weinstein.
- Prospectus, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe with illustrations by Edward Gordon Craig, 1979. 2 copies.
- Order form and letter, The Rhinoceros: A Monograph by Francesco Nardelli, 1987.
- Prospectus, The Jewel: A Romance of Fairyland by Rockwell Kent, 1989.
Berliner, Harold; The Private Press of
- Catalog, Books and Broadsides, 1988.
Bevan, Charles; Press
- Prospectus, Cry Mustardville, story and images by D.B. Dowd
- Prospectus, Where the River Turns, photographs and texts by Patrick Renschen
- Prospectus, Everything that has Been Shall Be Again: The Reincarnation Fables of John Gilgun, 1981
- Prospectus, A Printer’s Dozen by Philip Gallo. 2 copies.
- Catalogue, Recent Selected & Forthcoming Book Titles, 2000.
- Catalogue, 1998.
- Prospectus, Learning from Moxon, A through Z, &c. by Gerald Lange, 2001
- Catalogue, 1994.
- Catalogue, 1990.
- Prospectus, Moon: Poems by David Romtvedt, 1983.
- Spring/summer catalogue, 1983.
- Prospectus, The Neolithic Adventures of Taffi-Mai Metallu-Mai by Rudyard Kipling
- Prospectus, Wild Parrots and the King of La Brea with illustrations by Gerald Lange
- Catalogue, Recent Titles from the Bieler Press, 1999. 2 copies.
- Announcement, Printing Digital Type on the Hand-Operated Flatbed Cylinder Press, 1999.
- Announcement, Black-Letter: An Interpretation of Events Relating to the Time and Presence of Johann Gutenberg by Jeffrey Atherton, 1999
- Prospectus, Black-Letter: An Interpretation of Events Relating to the Time and Presence of Johann Gutenberg by Jeffrey Atherton, 1999. 2 copies.
Bird & Bull Press
- Prospectus, Dard Hunter & Son by Dard Hunter II and Dard Hunter III.
- Prospectus, English Book Prospectuses: An Illustrated History by John Feather. Published by the Bird & Bull Press and the Daedalus Press
- Prospectus, Trade Tokens of British and American Booksellers and Bookmakers compiled and edited by Henry Morris
- Prospectus, Vignettes by Henry Morris, vol. 2
- Prospectus, Louis Herman Kinder and Fine Bookbinding in America: A Chapter in the History of the Roycroft Shop by Richard J. Wolfe and Paul McKenna
- Prospectus, Nicolas Louis Robert and his Endless Wire Papermaking Machine by Henry Morris
- Prospectus, The Foresters: A Poetic Account of a Walking Journey to the Falls of Niagara in the Autumn of 1804 by Alexander Wilson with wood engravings by Wesley W. Bates, 2000
Bixby, Mr. & Mrs. W. K.
- Greeting card, “The Season’s Greetings 1921-1922 from Mr. And Mrs. W.K. Bixby.”
Black Pennell Press
- Brochure, “Handmade books produced in limited editions by Thomas Rae since 1955: A checklist.”
- Prospectus, Four Tales of the Clyde, selected and introduced by Thomas Rae with illustrations by Crawford Paterson, 1983
- Prospectus, Songs of the Press and Other Poems Relative to the Art of Printing, 1983
- Folder, “Limited Editions from the Black Pennell Press,” containing announcements for: The Death of Mary Queen of Scots, Four Tales of the Clyde, and Waiting for Death: An Unfinished Wood Engraving by Thomas Bewick
Black Stone Press
- Prospectus, Chéri by Collette.
Book Arts Press
- Leaflet, “Rare Book School 1984, School of Library Service, Columbia University presents a series of Eighteen Public Lectures on Bookish Subjects.” 2 copies.
- Leaflet, “The Rare Books School, School of Library Service, Columbia University presents Nine Public Lectures on Bookish Subjects.”
- Leaflet, “Book Arts Press Lectures: March/April 1984.” 2 copies.
- Leaflet, “Lectures, Spring 1985.”
- Leaflet, “Lectures, Autumn 1984.”
- Folder with description of the Book Arts Press ending in “Best Wishes for the 1984 Holiday Season from the Book Arts Press, School of Library Service, Columbia University and from [blank].”
- Keepsake, “The English Parnassus: Or a Help to English Poesie.” ending with “Best Wishes for the 1983 Holiday Season.”
- Letter, “Dear RBMS member,” 3 July 1990.
- Poster, “Play the Hand You’re Dealt. The Book Arts Press Thought for Valentine’s Day 1984.”
- Poster, “There is only so much value in thinking about things you can’t control. The Book Arts Press Thought for Valentine’s Day 1988.”
- Poster, “It is unwise to play leapfrog with a unicorn. The Book Arts Press Thought for Valentine’s Day 1985.”
- Program/invitation, “The R.R. Bowker Company and the Columbia University School of Library Science cordially invite you to the 11th Richard Rogers Bowker Memorial Lecture (New Series), George Steiner, Writer, Scholar, Lecturer speaking on the Future of the Book in an Age of Aliteracy, Monday, April 8, 1985.”
- Book Arts Press Newsletter, vol. 9, no. 8 (19 March 1985).
- Brochure, “Rare Books and Special Collections at Columbia.”
- Announcement, From Punch to Printing Type: The Art and Craft of Hand Punchcutting and Typecasting,1985 (45 minute videotape featuring Stan Nelson). 2 copies.
- Booklet, Friends of the Book Arts Press Membership List, 1985.
- Invitation, Fall semester 1985 lectures.
- Invitation, “The Columbia University School of Library Service cordially invites you to attend the first Sol. M. Malkin lecture.” 16 December 1985.
- Poster, “Pain is a privilege of living. The Book Arts Press thought for Valentine’s Day 1986.”
- Broadside, “A volume can claim no additional value.”
- Poster, “One sign of an impending nervous breakdown is the conviction that your work is terribly important. The Book Arts Press Thought for Valentine’s Day 1987.”
- Keepsake, “The Little man warming himself by the fire.” ending with “Best Wishes for the 1985 Holiday Season from the Book Arts Press of Columbia University School of Library Service and from [signature].”
- Book Arts Press Newsletter, vol. 7, no. 7 (10 May 1983).
- Announcement, The Anatomy of a Book: Format in the Hand-Press Period, by Terry Belanger and Peter Herdrich (30 minute videotape)
- Announcement, How to Operate a Book (30 minute videotape featuring Gary Frost).
- Invitation, “You are cordially invited to attend Founder’s Day Celebrations commemorating the Centenary of the Columbia University School of Library Service,” 10 December 1987.
- Keepsake, 1987. Ending “Best wishes for the 1987 Holiday Season from the Book Arts Press of the School of Library Service, Columbia University, and from [signature].”
Book Club of California
- Prospectus, John DePol: A Catalogue Raisonné of His Graphic Work, 1935-1998.
- Keepsake, “The Green Knight in memory of Porter Garnett…” printed at the Grabhorn Press, 1951
Bow and Arrow Press
- Prospectus, Aphorisms by William Cole with illustrations by Damon Lehrer.
- Prospectus, The Song of Songs: A Personal Intepretation by Bernard Solomon.
- Prospectus, Granite Country: Poems by J.R. Rowland, 1994.
- Prospectus, The End of the Season: Pastoral Poems by Philip Hodgins with wood engravings by Virginia Clutterbuck, 1993.
- Prospectus, Helen Ogilvie Wood Engravings, 1995.
- News from Brindabella Press, November 1993
- News from Brindabella Press, September 1996
- Brochure, “Alexander Thorley Bolton, 22 January 1926 – 18 November 1996.”
- Prospectus, Turning the Grindstone.
- Prospectus, Poems of Pierre Ronsard, 1985.
- Prospectus, The Brontes’ Floral Year by Nancy Cowley Hoak with illustrations by Suzanne Pruchniki.
Brooding Heron Press and Bindery
- Announcement, Heron Light by Clifford Burke.
- “Brooding Heron Press & Bindery: A Brief History” by Sam Green
- Brooding Heron Press Bibliography, 1984-2005
- Prospectus, Palms: Six Ballads by John Ridland with etchings by Jeff Abschear, 1993.
- Prospectus, The White Boat and Some Other Poems by Alan Stephens with lithographs by Jeff Abschear.
- Announcement, In Edward’s Garden by Dermot Bolger; When Miles Split! by Amiri Baraka; and Houses of Mercy by Frank C. Eckmair
- Announcement, Caliban Press: Letterpress Books and Pamphlets, 1985-1997, an exhibition of books designed, printed and published by Mark McMurray. November 7 – December 12, 1997.
Carriage House Press
- Prospectus, The Goldbeaters of Mandalay: An Account of Hand Papermaking in Burma Today by Elaine Koretsky and Donna Koretsky.
Center for Book Arts
- Prospectus, Aureole to Zingaresca: An Exotic Alphabet Book, designed, printed and illustrated by Maureen Cummins in conjunction with the Cneter for the Book Arts, 1994.
- Prospectus, Artistry in Single Action by Halton Henderson with photographs by Charles DeBus.
- “Artistry in Single Action is Also Art of the Book,” two-page description.
- Prospectus, Self-Portrait with Birds by John Graves with wood engravings by John DePol.
- Prospectus, Cynthia Ann Parker by James T. DeShields.
- Prospectus, Leda: In Praise of the Blessings of Darkness by Pierre Louÿs with illustrations by Alan James Robinson
- Prospectus, Cheloniidae – Sea Turtles, 1987
- List of publications.
- Prospectus, A Fowl Alphabet: Twenty-Six Wood Engravings by Alan James Robinson, 1986.
- Prospectus, The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
- Bookmark, The Nightingale and the Rose by Oscar Wilde
- Prospectus, Two Tales by Edgar Allan Poe with lithographs by Charles Keeping.
- Prospectus, Wrestlers.
Coffee House Press
- List of publications, Spring 1993.
- List of letterpress imprints
- Catalogue, spring 1991.
- Catalogue, fall/winter 1992.
- Catalogue, fall 1984.
- Brochure, list of publications, spring 1985.
- Brochure, Morning Coffee Chapbooks.
- Catalog, fall/winter 1991-1992.
Colorado College, The Press at
- Catalogue of books in print.
- Prospectus, Fire in the Wax Museum by John Drury, 1980.
Contre Coup Press
- Keepsake, On the Profession of Type Designing, 1981.
- Business card, Hawley, Timothy (a.k.a. Theophile Homard).
- Keepsake, “I’d like to thank the guy who wrote the song that made my baby fall in love with me.”
- Keepsake, “The Haunted Platen Press.”
- Keepsake, “For my Daddy,” 1982.
- Keepsake, “Printing Periodicals,” 1982.
- Prospectus, Mrs. Ira Gale Tompkins’ Journal and Record of Events, Dec. 1874 – April 1877, 1984.
- Brochure, The books of Jonathan Williams, checklist 1952-1979
- Keepsake, “Words on Paper,” 1978
- Checklist of books printed in fine limited editions at Cranium Press San Francisco including current and forthcoming publications available directly from the publisher, 1975.
Crippled Turtle, Press of the
Box 4, FF 1. Ephemera related the Tabard Inn, an informal group of University of Missouri students and faculty interested in writing
- Summons to initiation (2 forms)
- Source book of information on Tabard Inn
- Membership card
- Notices and menus, etc. related to the semi-annual Tabard banquets (6 pieces)
- Keepsakes (usually distributed at banquets)
- R.M.N. (tribute to Robert M. Neal) – 1947
- Oyez Habeus Crapus – 1948
- On Peering through the Mirror
- Blame Not My Lute – 1951
- Strings Variously Plucked On – 1950
- Christmas Tales for Children – 1948
- Tabard Driblets – 1949
- From One Who Could Not Attend – 1948
- A Fyresyde Chat in ye Tyme of ye Tudors – 1951.
- Announcement of meeting with John G. Neihardt
- Return Notice of rejection slips
- Reservation card for Wayzgoose Dinner
- Membership cards in Pi, typographer’s fraternity (3)
- Ye Olde Tabard Inne (broadside)
- Membership card in the Society of Tabard Inn
Box 4, FF 2. Ephemera related the Tabard Inn, an informal group of University of Missouri students and faculty interested in writing
- Verses by F.L. Mott on his 75th birthday (broadside) – 1961
- Program of portrait ceremony for F.L. Mott – 1961
- Christmas scroll for Mr. And Mrs. F.L. Mott – 1961
- De Erratis (small broadside) – 1947
- Christmas Folder for Mr. And Mrs. William Peden
- Ex Libris – 5 bookplates
- Theater program for workshop production of Twelfth Night – 1948
- Song of the Printer by David Deutsch (small broadside)
- Prayer for Thanksgiving (folder) – 1948
- Christmas Diatribe (folder) for Mr. And Mrs. Paul Fisher – 1950
- Thomas Carlyle to Jane Welsh (broadside)
- The Blessedness of Rationalism by James Beattie (broadside)
- The Practice of Typography by Daniel D. Updike (broadside)
- Card for beggars, “Friend, your tale has touched my heart…”
- Paterfamilias by Paul Fisher – 1951
- Cacoethes Scribendi by Paul Fisher – 1951
- The Printing Press by Robert H. Davis (6 examples designed and printed by as many students of the Linotype School)
- Letter from Frank L. Mott to Lewis Atherton, 14 August 1956
- Letter to subscribers of Oldtime Comments on Journalism from Frank Luther Mott, 18 December 1954
- Letter to subscribers of Oldtime Comments on Journalism from Frank Luther Mott, 15 August 1956
- Letter to subscribers of Oldtime Comments on Journalism from Frank Luther Mott and Paul Fisher, 20 February 1960
- Other Publications
- American Essays by Paul L. Fisher – 1950
- Consider the Lowly ‘Prentice by Paul Fisher – 1951
- At the Rainbow’s End – A Slug by Paul Fisher – 1951
- The Typographical Howitzer by Sam Davis – 1949
- Wordsmanship by Erskine Caldwell – 1961
- Four Kappa Tau Alpha Addresses, 1955-1958 by Frank Luther Mott – 1960. 3 copies.
- Four Kappa Tau Alpha Addresses by Frank Luther Mott – 1955. 3 copies.
- Four Addresses to the Missouri Chapter of Kappa Tau Alpha by Frank Luther Mott –1950. one of 250 copies, unnumbered.
- Oldtime Comments on Journalism
- Volume One:
- Ben Jonson’s 1625 Satire on News – January 1953 (3 copies)
- An Essay on Sensationalism in the Press by Fisher Ames – February 1953 (5 copies)
- The Porcupine and the Pole-Cat by H.H. Brackenridge – April 1953 (3 copies)
- Liang Chi-Chao’s Comments on Journalism – July 1953 (2 copies)
- Mark Twain’s Journalism in Tennessee – September 1955 (2 copies)
- A Whip for the News-Writers – July 1956 (4 copies)
- Benjamin Franklin on Newspapers (misnumbered 6) – December 1956 (2 copies)
- Alex Sweet on Texas Journalism – April 1958 (2 copies)
- Volume Two:
- The Case and Tryal on John Peter Zenger – December 1954 (3 copies)
- Volume Three:
- Thomas Nast Pictures of Civil War Reporters – November 1959
- Jenkins – August 1960
- Volume One:
- Curtis, Winterton C. “Them Was the Days…” Reprinted from Missouri Alumnus, April 1952. Inscribed by the author
- Mott, Frank Luther. “Missouri Reprints Old Journalism Comments.” Reprinted from Editor and Publisher, 23 April 1955.
- List of publications, 1949.
- Brochure, Book Arts Celebration: 50 Years of the Cummington Press, 1989.
- Prospectus, Checkbook.
- Prospectus, Crazy Quilt, 1999.
- Booklet, “Picture of a period, or memories of the Gay Nineties.” 1950.
Detroit Institute of Arts Founders Society
- Prospectus, The Legend of John Brown, 1979.
Die Ananase Press
- Card, “Season’s Greetings…”, 1983
- Broadside, “Written upon seeing a picture card of the Kirkstone pass…”, 1985
- Prospectus, The Clouds by Harry Rand with lithographs by Elaine Kurtz.
- Prospectus, Color Color by Harry Rand with illustrations by Julian Stanczak.
Duensing, Paul Hayden
- Keepsake, “Apologia Typographicum.”
- Proposed Draft for a Syllabus of Typographic Taxonomy, 1980.
- Brochure, Bibliotheca Typographica
Duschnes, Philip C.
- Prospectus, Selective check lists of press books by Will Ransom.
- Advance notice, October House Classics.
- Prospectus, B.R. Marks & Remarks.
- Prospectus, Dante’s Inferno: Translations by twenty contemporary poets with frontispiece by Francesco Clemente.
- Prospectus, Un coup de dés jamais n’abolira le hazard by Stéphane Mallarmé, 1987.
- Leaflet, “Edizioni Ampersand: Hand-printed limited edition books,” 1987.
Elephant’s Foot Press
- Prospectus, Marmalade: Drifts, Gists, Versions, Drafts and Takes from the poems of Stéphane Mallarmé by William Benton with prints by James McGarrell.
- Prospectus, An Afternoon at Les Collettes by Enid Mark, 1988.
- Books in print, 1999.
- Keepsake, “A Compliment,” 1986
Enschedé en Zonen, Joh.
- Booklet, New Year’s Eve/Oudejaarsavond by Charles Lamb, 1957.
- Booklet, Les fêtes de Hollande by Gérard de Nerval, 1955. 2 copies bound in different marbled papers.
- Prospectus, The Tempations of a Saint by Edouard Roditi, 1980.
- Ex-Ophidia standing order plan (letters and order form).
- Catalogue of books in print, 1987. 2 copies.
Five Trees Press
- Announcement, Crocus/Sprouting by Jane Rosenthal; Eva Awakening by Jaime Robles; and The Poet & the Dancer by H.D.
Flying Fish Press
- Prospectus, Correspondence Course by Nance O’Banion, 1993.
Flying Sugar Press
Prospectus, Song of Songs with illustrations by Yaron Livay.
- Keepsake, “A few words on the type of William Morris,” 1981
- Keepsake, “Two Poems” by Reginald Bunthorpe / “Two Decalets” by Archibald Grosvenor, 1978
- Keepsake, “Textus de ecclesia Roffensi,”1986
- Prospectus, Desert Dreams by Lawrence G. Van Velzer with illustrations by Peggy Gotthold (small orange copy).
- Prospectus, Desert Dreams by Lawrence G. Van Velzer with illustrations by Peggy Gotthold (large copy).
- Prospectus, The Man in Asbestos: An Allegory of the Future by Stephen B. Leacock with illustrations by Peggy Gotthold.
- Prospectus, The Tower of the Winds, 2002.
- Booklet, hardcover, B. Franklin, 1706-1790.Being a collection of ageless quotations marking important events in the life and times of Benjamin Franklin, and in the history of the United States of America. New York: Privately Printed, 1956. Colophon: “This keepsake is the cooperative work of these friends of Printing Week in New York, 1956: The designer is Lewis F, White, The Privy Council Press, New York; the illustrator is John DePol, The Privy Council Press, New York; The Typographer is Chas. D. O’Brien, Inc., New York; The printer is Ajay Printing Service, New York; electrotypes from Reilly Electrotype Company, New York; the binder is Publisher’s Book Bindery, Inc., New York; text paper is White Linweave Text, plate finish and cover is Ivory Linweave Text plate finish and Dark Blue wove from Linweave, Springfield, Massachusetts.”
- Booklet, hardcover, The Way to Wealth: Preface to Poor Richard Improved, 1758 by Benjamin Franklin. New York: Privately Printed, 1953. Colophon: This keepsake is the cooperative work of these friends of the Printing Week project: The designer is Lewis F. White, L.F. White Company, New York; The illustrator is John DePol, L.F. White Company, New York; The typographer is M.J. Baumwell, M.J. Baumwell, Typography, New York; The printer is Ajay Printing Service, New York; the binder is Russell-Rutler Company, New York. White Pastelle Smooth and Imperial. Blue Cover by Strathmore.”
- Booklet, hardcover, B. Franklin – Inventor. New York: Privately Printed, 1960. Colophon: This keepsake is the cooperative work of these friends of the Printing Week project: The format designed by Lewis F. White, Privy Council Press, New York; the illustrations are wood engravings by John DePol, of the Privy Council Press, New York; Typesetting by M.J. Baumwell, Typography; printed by Tri-Arts Press, Inc.; binding by the Fisher Bookbinding Co., Inc.; the text paper is White Colophon and the cover in Midnight Blue Tweed-weave text from the Curtis Paper Company, Delaware.”
- Booklet, hardcover, B. Franklin, Wit. New York: Privately Printed, 1957. Colophon: This keepsake is the cooperative work of these friends of the Printing Week project: The format designed by Lewis F. White, Privy Council Press, New York; the illustrations are wood engravings by John DePol, of the Privy Council Press; Typesetting by The Composing Room, Inc.; Printed by Ajay Printing Service, Inc.; Electrotypes by Reilly Electrotype Co.; Engravings for front and back cover by Lafayette Photo Engraving Corporation; Binding by Russell-Rutler Company, Inc.; Text paper is White Colophon & the cover is Gray Tweed-weave text from Curtis Paper Company, Delaware.”
- Announcement, The Themersons and the Gabberbocchus Press – An Experiment in Publishing, 1948-1979, published by MJS Books & Graphic and Jan Kubasiewicz, October 1993
- List of Gehenna Press Books, 1967.
- Postcard, Announcement for catalogue of the Gehenna Press, postmarked 1992.
- Prospectus, A Primer of Birds: 30 Poems by Ted Hughes with 6 woodcuts by Leonard Baskin.
- List of publications, “The Gehenna Press is pleased to announce its reconstitution as an active press.”
- Catalogue, “Gehenna and Eremite Press MCMLXXXIX Two New Books of Literary Interest.”
- The Gehenna Press & The Eremite Press Addendum to 1988 catalogue.
- Catalogue, “The Gehenna Press is pleased to announce its continuation as an active press, and to announce the establishment of its subsidiary the Eremite Press.”
- Prospectus, The Presumptions of Death by Anthony Hecht with woodcuts by Leonard Baskin, 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Fancies, Bizarreries & Ornamental Grotesques by Leonard Baskin, Gehenna Press & Eremite Press. 2 copies.
- Gehenna Press catalogue, 1992.
- Prospectus, Flevronologia: Divers Etchings Formed from Flevrons by Leonard Baskin, 1996.
- Prospectus, Death Masks by Stuart Denenberg with etchings by Leonard Baskin.
- Prospectus, Zapf’s Civilité Disclosed by Herman Zapf.
- Prospectus, Lepidoptera Fantastica, 1949.
- Postcard, Gnomon Press 25 th Anniversary, 1990
- Announcement, Gnomon Press 25 th Anniversary, 1990
Golden Cockerel Private Press
- Catalogue, “British Hand-Made Books, 1956-1957.” 2 copies.
- Stock List, “A thing of beauty is a joy forever,” n.d.
- Catalogue, “British Private Press Books: A Special Selection for Connoisseurs,” n.d.
- Catalogue, “British Private Press Books: Chefs-d’oeuvres of Printing for Bibliophiles,” n.d.
- Prospectus, A Tribute to Edwin Grabhorn and the Grabhorn Press by James D. Hart, Friends of the San Francisco Public Library, 196
- Keepsake booklet, The Closing of the Doves Press: A letter from Cobden- Sanderson with a preface by David Magee. Keepsake to commemorate exhibition of Cobden-Sanderson bindings at Stanford University Libraries, 1969.
- Postcard, “Announcing Bathsheba on the Third Day by Jane Greer, Published by the Cummington Press: November, 1986″
- Prospectus, Bustin’s Island by Lewis Warsh, 1996
- Postcard, announcement for Firebird by Paul Metcalf, collaboration of Chax Press of Tucson, Arizona, and Granary Books
Greenhouse Review Press
- Prospectus, Nine Days: New York by Gary Young, 1991.
- Prospectus, My Brother’s in Wyoming by Gary Young, n.d.
- Prospectus, A Throw of the Dice Will Never Abolish Chance by Stéphane Mallarmé, n.d.
- Announcement, Culp by William H. Gass.
- Catalogue, 1985. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Sacred Weather by Ann Lauterbach.
Grey Spider Press
- Prospectus, The Gates of Night: Six Songs from the Noh, translated by Yassuhiko Moriguchi and David Jenkins
- Prospectus, The Book of Craving by Janet Rodney, 1997
- Keepsake, a winter tale by Jules Remedios Faye
- Prospectus, Apocrypha: Poems by Melinda Mueller
- Prospectus, Excerpts from a Family Medical Dictionary by Rebecca Brown
- Keepsake, “On the far side of the world.” 1999
- Prospectus, Talking with Raven: Poems by Clifford Burke
- Postcard, “The Only Time We Have New Poems,” postmarked 2003
- Prospectus, Giraldus Cambrensis: Itinerary through Wales, 1989.
- List of publications, 2002.
- Invitation to luncheon for book Bertha S. Goudy: First Lady of Printing.
- The Ulster-Irish Society Award to Frederic W. Goudy. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Irish Historical Broadsides.
- Andrews, Duncan. Tally Ho! 400 Years of Foxhunting. Books, Manuscripts, Prints and Drawings from the Collection of Duncan Andrews. An Exhibition at the Grolier Club, December 10, 1975 – January 17, 1976.
- How, Louis. “Pan: Three Sonnets.” 1928.
- —–. “Four Minute Love Poems.” 1928.
- —–. “Cherry Hill.” 1930.
- —–. “Avenue A.” 1930.
- —–. “Gramercy Park.” 1930.
- —–. “The Tenderloin.” 1930.
- —–. “The Battery.” 1930
- Prospectus, On Creation by Edgar Mansfield. 2 November 1980.
- Announcement and prospectuses, All Souls by Kathleen Norris and Four Poets/Poems by Anania, Hawks, Shapiro and Swann.
- Bibliography of limited edition works with text, 1960-1993.
- Announcement and prospectuses, An Ark of Stars by Rose Ausländer and From a Backward Glance Oe’r Travel’d Roads by Walt Whitman.
- The Modern Chappel Movement, 1957.
- Ancient Customs used in a Printing-House, 1952.
- Prospectus, A Portrait of Home.
- Articles about A Portrait of Home from The Kansas City Times and Chicago Tribune.
- Announcement, Between Ice Ages.
Hiersoux, Powers, Thomas
- Announcement and prospectus, Mulberry Women, a poem by Robert Kelly, 1982.
- Letter soliciting membership in Hoc Volo Club.
- Prospectus, English Country Traditions by Ian Niall with wood engravings by Christopher Wormell.
- Prospectus, Early Italian Writing-Books, Renaissance to Baroque by Stanley Morrison.
- Prospectus, Herbs and the Earth: An Evocative Excursion into the Lore and Legend of Our Common Herbs by Henry Beston.
- Prospectus, The Pursuit of Happy Results: Barry Spann and the Making of Twenty-Seven Landscapes by Emily Anderson.
- Prospectus, Birds and Beasts by William Jay Smith, with woodcuts by Jacques Hnizdovsky.
- Prospectus, The “Cimelio” of Bodoni: Facsimile of a “Unicum.”
- “A Note about Huckleberry Press.”
- Announcement, Leatherneck Square, Poems by Richard Schulze.
- Letter to Division of Special Collections signed John Balkwill, March 20, 1991.
- Announcement, The Sea Bird: Poems by Keith Douglas.
- Announcement, Nineteen-Fourteen: Poems of Rupert Brooke.
- Announcement, broadside featuring a quotation from the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.
- Large announcement, Leatherneck Square: Poems by Richard Schulze.
- Two lists of titles in print.
- Announcement, The Hopeless Romantics’ History of the World.
- Prospectus, Eve’s Diary by Mark Twain.
- Prospectus, The Masque: A Twentieth-Century Retelling of the Masque of the Red Death by Maureen Cummins.
- List of titles in print and order form, April 18, 1996.
- Collector’s keepsake of books in print, 1996.
- Announcement and keepsake, Phantasies of a Love Thief, 1994.
- Prospectus, The Italian Commedia Dell’Arte by Vincent Torre.
- List of books in print.
JD Grahame Cracker Press
- Prospectus, The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, 1991.
- Prospectus, Picasso by Gertrude Stein. 2 copies.
James the Printer
- Prospectus, Notes on the History of the Elston Press of Clarke Conwell and Helen Marguerite O’Kane, 1900-1905 by Herbert H. Johnson, 1997. Two copies.
- 1979 Janus Press checklist.
- Some books available from the Janus Press (n.d.)
- The Janus Press checklist of Publications, 1980
- Prospectus, The Circus of Dr. Lao, 1983.
- Broadside, “Géométrique” by Nicole Brossard, 1999.
- Brochure, “A Jargon Society Checklist, 1951-1979″
- Brochure, “Joyfull News Out of the Newfounde World,” 1975
Joshua Heller Rare Books
- Card, Catalogue One
- Booklet, “Herb Marsden and the Red Barn Press,” n.d
- Prospectus, Just Such a Time: Recollections of Childhood on the Texas Frontier, 1858-1867, by J.M. Carroll with woodcuts by Barbara Whitehead.
- Invitation, An American Memorial to Keats, n.d., with response card
King Library Press
- The King Library Press: 30 Years, 1956-1986.
- Prospectus, 37, avenue Samson, Cimitière Montmartre by Guy Davenport.
- Announcement, Twenty-Five Years of Typography and Book Design in the Middle West, 1981
- Announcement, Two Talks on Books and Printing, 1981
- Biographical notes on Victor Hammer.
- Booklet, Type Faces of King Library Press, 1983
- Brochure, Seminar in Graphic Design at the King Library Press, 1980.
- Business card, Joan Davis, Press Assistant
- Card, Christmas 1981
- Folder, King Library Press Workshop
- Invitation, Exhibition opening for Victor Hammer: Artist and Craftsman, 1982
- Invitation, University of Kentucky Library Associates annual dinner, 1983
- Keepsake, “Andreas the Chaplain and Troubadour…”, 1983
- Keepsake, “Don’t expect much,” 1980
- Keepsake, “It is a myth…” 1984
- Keepsake, “John Jacob Niles,” 1983
- Keepsake, “Jottings” by Chris Newbery, 1983
- Keepsake, “Observation,” 1983
- Keepsake, “Plastic Surgery” by Michael Rice, 1983
- Keepsake, “Summer Storm” by Alan T. Mickel, 1983
- Keepsake, “The Art of Printing Books,” 1977
- Keepsake, “The following five excerpts…”, 1981
- Keepsake, “Via Liverpool – by first packet-ship to New York…”, 1979
- Keepsake, a woodcut print from the Victor Hammer collection
- Labels, W. Hugh Peal Collection
- Poster, Victor Hammer Centennial, 1981
- Program, Dedication of the W. Hugh Peal Collection
- Program, Dedication of the W. Hugh Peal Collection, 1982
- Program, University of Kentucky Library Associates Annual Meeting, 1984
- Program, University of Kentucky Library Associates annual meeting, 1983
- Proof copy? “Victor Hammer’s Engravings and Woodcuts,” not illustrated
- Prospectus and specimen page, On the Cliffs by Algernon Swinburne, 1981
- Prospectus, “A type face produced from punches designed and cut by Victor Hammer…”
- Prospectus, “The Pride of Peter Prim,” 1978
- Prospectus, On the Cliffs by Algernon Swinburne, 1981.
- Prospectus, Rabinal: An Ancient Mayan Play of the Guatemalan Quiche Indians, 1988.
- Prospectus, The Kikkuli Text on the Training of Horses
- Prospectus, Victor Hammer: Artist and Printer, 1981.
- Sample illustration, On the Cliffs by Algernon Swinburne, 1981
- Print with human figures spelling Tuska, 1994
- Program, Kentucky Academy of Science Banquet, 1980
- Keepsake, “Charge of the Mule Brigade,” printed by Bruce Halsted, 1983
- Broadside, “The King Library Press,” framed
- Proof sheets on newsprint with various poems, 1981 (3 sheets)
- Proof sheet from publication about constellations
- Broadside, “The Historian Editor,” 1979
Knopf, Alfred A.
- Prospectus, The Shirley Letters from the California Mines, 1851-1852, 1949.
- Prospectus, The Shaping of Our Alphabet (n.d.)
Koch, Peter Rutledge
- Prospectus, Unsought Intimacies: Poems of 1991 by Thom Gunn with etchings by Theophilus Brown, 1993.
- Prospectus, Four Odes One Song: Poems by Pablo Neruda.
- Letter to Division of Special Collections signed Richard Bigus, May 23, 1991.
- Exhibition invitation, American Type Designers and Their Work, November 3, 1947 – February 27, 1948.
- Checklist, summer 1986.
- Prospectus, Two Journal Pieces by Walter Hamady.
- List of Larkspur Press publications (n.d.)
- Invitation, publication party to honor Encounter by Thomas Merton and D.T. Suzuki, November 4, 1988.
- Announcement, Larkspur Twenty-Five, 1998
- Announcement, reading by Burton Milward and Richard Taylor, 1990
- Announcement, reading by Richard Taylor, 1991
- Announcement, Workshops on Bookbinding and Decorative Papers, 1997
- Announcement, Kathleen Kelly exhibition, 1998
- Book list, 1986?
- Book list, starting with August Blue by Guy Davenport
- Book list, starting with Gardencourt by Frederick Smock
- Book list, starting with Still Life with Watermelon by Bobbie Ann Mason
- Book list, starting with The Dragon Who Never Sleeps by Robert Aitken
- Booklet, Larkspur Press publications
- Bookmark, “…most keen judges incline to think…”
- Bookmark, “April,” 1999
- Bookmark, “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need,” 1998
- Bookmark, “Invitation to a Bookshop” on cream paper, 1989
- Bookmark, “Invitation to a Bookshop” on mustard-colored paper, 1989
- Bookmark, “January Haiku”, 1997
- Bookmark, “Nothing in education is as astonishing…”
- Bookmark, “Still trying to finish the poem I began last year”
- Announcement, “Presented by the Kentucky Humanities Council…”, 1991
- Card, “Wishing You Peace and happiness throughout the coming year”
- Card, Riverbend Farm Lincoln Logwoods
- Announcement for Kathleen Middleton retrospective, 1986
- Announcement for Poor Richard’s Bookstore, 1983
- Advertisement, Treadle Works, Frankfort, KY
- Brochure, Publications from Larkspur Press with type samples
- Business card, Treadle Works, Frankfort, KY
- Card, Christmas 2000
- Card, Christmas Tree with “Season’s Greetings”
- Card, Merry Christmas Happy New Year
- Card, Season’s Greetings
- Card, with note from Gary Zeitz, 1998
- Invitation, Publication party for Encounter by Thomas Merton and D.T. Suzuki, 1988
- Invitation, publication party for Horse Fables by Susan Richards, 1987
- Invitation, Reading by Steve Sanfield, 1998
- Letter, from G. Zeitz, 1988
- Letter, from G. Zeitz, 1989
- Letter, G. Zeitz to J. M. White, 1997
- Letter, G. Zeitz to J. M. White, 2001
- Letter, G. Zeitz to J. M. White, n.d.
- Letter, G. Zeitz to J.M. White, 1986
- Letter, G. Zeitz to Melanie, n.d.
- Letter, G. Zeitz to the Whites, 1984
- Letter, G. Zetiz to J. M. White, 1996
- Magazine article: Garr, Robin. “Man of Letters.” Louisville Magazine, February 1999. Computer printout from online magazine.
- Magazine article: Godbey, Marty. ” Kentucky’s Gutenberg: Gray Zeitz prints only the books he likes, in a way and a place he likes.” Kentucky Living (March 1997): 46+.
- Newspaper clipping about Gray Zeitz
- Newspaper clipping, “Hand labor gives printer freedom of the press,” Lexingon Herald-Leader (20 July 1997): J1.
- Postcard, “Postcard to Kentucky”, 1995
- Postcard, “The Day a Grasshopper Ate a Pig,” 1988
- Postcard, Cedar Creek Community School Square Dance, 1988
- Postcard, G. Zeitz to J.M. White, 1983
- Postcard, The Farm by Wendell Berry
- Printout, “Larkspur Press: A Descriptive Bibliography”
- Program, Governor’s Awards in the Arts, 1987
- Proof sheets, starting with p. 33, “Strings of Jewels for Bohisattvas” (6 sheets)
- Prospectus, “Last Gift” by Doc Dachtler (Broadside #14)
- Prospectus, “On April 24, Richard Taylor…”
- Prospectus, A Guide to the Four-Chambered Heart by John Haines
- Prospectus, A Mute Circle of Shine by Carolyn Whitesel
- Prospectus, A Simple Human Motion by Jeff Worley, 2000
- Prospectus, American Zen by a Guy Who Tried It by Steve Sanfield, 1994
- Prospectus, August Blue by Guy Davenport
- Prospectus, Fast Signing Mute by James Baker Hall
- Prospectus, Gardencourt by Frederick Smock, 1997
- Prospectus, Homeplace by Charles Semones
- Prospectus, Horse Fables by Susan Richards, 1989
- Prospectus, In One Year and Out the Other by Steve Sanfield, 1999
- Prospectus, No Known Pattern: Twelve Poems on the Sewing Arts
- Prospectus, No Land Where I Have Traveled: A Kentucky Poem by Logan English
- Prospectus, Reminiscences of ‘Aunt Betty’ Hummons, 1999
- Prospectus, Sabbaths 1987 by Wendell Berry
- Prospectus, Sonata at Payne Hollow by Wendell Barry
- Prospectus, Stone Eye by Richard Taylor, 2002
- Prospectus, The Dragon Who Never Sleeps by Robert Aitken, 1990
- Prospectus, The Eye is Not Enough: On Seeing and Remembering
- Prospectus, The Farm by Wendell Barry
- Prospectus, The Farm by Wendell Barry, with booklist on back
- Prospectus, The Good Life by Frederick Smock, 2000
- Prospectus, The Life Horse by Susan Starr Richards, 2005?
- Prospectus, The Life of Zeno translated by Barry Magid, 1996
- Prospectus, The Medusa by Guy Davenport, 1984
- Prospectus, The Rain Begins Below by Steve Sanfield
- Prospectus, Turnabout by Leon V. Driskell and Sue Terry Driskell
- Prospectus, William ‘King’ Solomon 1775-1854 by Burton Milward, 1990
- Prospectus, With Jazz by Bobbie Ann Mason
- Invitation to a book signing at Poor Richard’s Books, 1983′
- Postcard, “The Frankfort Arts Foundation will present Walter Tevis…”, 1983
- Announcement, “The Frankfort Arts Foundation… will present James Still…”, 1982
- Announcement, Portland: The Land, The River, and the People exhibition, 1983
- Invitation, Handprinting in Kentucky exhibition, Portland Museum, 1985
- Announcement for Heartlands exhibit by Kathleen Middleton, 1983. Signed by the artist.
- An Unpsychological Dictionary, 1953.
- Books from Libanus Press, 1987.
Library of Congress
- Printed on Vellum: A Selection of Books from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, exhibition at the Library of Congress, 1977.
- Card, An invitation to join the Friends of the Lilly Librar
Lime Rock Press
- Catalog, Private Press and Illustrated Books, 1984. Two copies.
- Pre-Publication announcement, Mimbres Designs: An Interpretation by Fred Kabotie, 1981.
- Letter to Division of Special Collections, January 1982.
- Prospectus, Mimbres Designs by Fred Kabotie.
- Price list and order form.
- Prospectus, Lagharne with text by Dylan Thomas and photographs by Tyntje van Ness Seymour.
- Prospectus, Niños, exhibition portfolio with photographs by Bob Schalkwijk and captions by Nina Lincoln.
- Prospectus, Acoma, exhibition portfolio with photographs and text by Tryntje van Ness Seymour.
- Prospectus, Red Cloud, with text passages by Willa Cather and photographs and introduction by Gabriel North Seymour.
- Letter to Division of Special Collections signed W.N. Seymour, October 1980.
Limited Editions Club
- Letter to subscribers signed Helen Macy, November 14, 1962.
- Advance listing, Thirty-Third Series, 1964-1965.
- Letter to subscribers signed Helen Macy, September 24, 1965.
- Advance listing, Thirty-Fourth Series, 1965-1966.
- Advance listing, Thirty-Fifth Series, 1966-1967.
- Letter to subscribers signed Helen Macy, September 20, 1966.
- Advance listing, Thirty-Sixth Series, 1967-1968.
- Letter to subscribers signed Helen Macy, October 23, 1967.
- Letter to subscribers signed Jonathan Macy, October 7, 1968.
- Letter to subscribers signed Jonathan Macy, November 17, 1969.
- Letter to subscribers signed Jonathan Macy, February 2, 1970.
- Advance listing, Thirty-Ninth Series, 1971.
- Letter to subscribers signed Jonathan Macy, March 3, 1971.
- Letter to subscribers signed Jonathan Macy, April 28, 1971.
- Letter to subscribers signed Charles C. Tillinghast, March 31, 1972.
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, December 7, 1972.
- Keepsake card, “Books are a guide in youth.” (outside); “The Limited Editions Club, 1973″ (inside).
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, March 26, 1973.
- Advance listing, Forty-First Series, 1973-1974.
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, April 27, 1973.
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, June 21, 1973.
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, June 13, 1974.
- Advance listing, Forty-Second Series, 1974-1975.
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, May 12, 1975.
- Advance listing, Forty-Third Series, 1975-1976.
- Letter to subscribers signed Gordon Carroll, July 29, 1976.
- Letter to subscribers signed Sidney Shiff, January 31, 1979.
- Keepsake card, “Books are the depositary of every thing that is most honourable to man.” (outside); “May this year bring every thing within your reach, from the directors of the Limited Editions Club” (inside).
- Keepsake card, “Gentlemen look more like gentlemen when fine books are spread out in rich magnificence before them” (outside); “May all the good things of life be spread in rich magnificence before you in the coming year, The Limited Editions Club” (inside).
- Broadside, “The Theory of Books is Noble,” 1957
- Announcement, NAPA: The Roots and Springs of the Valley by Ursula K. LeGuin with photographs by Michael Mundy.
- Announcement, Apology for Bad Dreams by Robinson Jeffers with photographs by Michael Mundy.
- Announcement, The Fates of Rocks and Trees by Gary Snyder with photographs by Michael Mundy.
- Announcement, Shine, Perishing Republic by Robinson Jeffers with photographs by Michael Mundy.
- Prospectus, More Printing for Theater: A Portfolio of Ephemera designed and printed by Adrian Wilson.
- Prospectus, Con Amore Valenti Angelo: A Bibliography, 1971-1982. Two copies.
- Notice to the subscribers for Con Amore Valenti Angelo, June 30, 1992.
- Notice to the subscribers for Con Amore Valenti Angelo, September 30, 1992.
Logan Elm Press and Papermill
- Prospectus, OSU Creative Writing Program Keepsake Series, 1933-94.
- Prospectus, German Incunabula in the British Museum, 1928
- Prospectus, German Incunabula in the British Museum, with an extract from a review in the Times Literary Supplement, 1928
- Prospectus, Goya vol. 1, 1928
- Prospectus, Paracas: A Contribution to the Study of Pre-Incaic Textiles in Ancient Peru, 1928
- Prospectus, Poisons and Poisoners by C. J. S. Thompson
- Prospectus, The Spanish ‘Brunet’
- Prospectus, The Story of Old English Glass Pictures 1690-1810, 1928
Many Names Press
- Prospectus, The Woodcuts of Andrea Rich.
- “Casey at the Bat,” printed for the friends of the Marchbanks Press, Christmas 1954.
- Prospectus, Eight Poems by Margo Lockwood, 1982.
- Announcement, The Dripping Faucet: Fourteen-Hundred and Fifty-Eight Tiny, Tedious and Terrible Tales by Edward Gorey, 1989.
- Prospectus, The Watercolours and Drawings of Thomas Bewick and His Workshop Apprentices
Michael Vinson Publishers
- Announcement, Pacific Overland Narratives, Number 1: The Gold Rush Overland Journal of Edward C. Harrow, 1849.
Mosher, Thomas Bird; Press of
- An Exhibition of Books from the Press of Thomas Bird Mosher, from the Collection of Norman H. Strouse, Free Library of Philadelphia, January 16 – March 12, 1967.
- Prospectus, Chocorua by Richard Eberhart.
- Broadside, “Signature” by Ron Seitz
- Prospectus, Ash Cakes and Sweet Water: A Suite of Wood Engravings by Susan Nees.
- Announcement, Ash Cakes and Sweet Water: A Suite of Wood Engravings by Susan Nees.
- Prospectus, Rural Route 2: Eight Wood Engravings of Family Farm Life by Susan Nees.
- Susan Nees short bio paragraph.
Never Mind the Press
- Never Mind the News newsletter, fall/winter 2003-2004.
- Keepsake card, “Serene. Repeat as Needed.” Signed and numbered 194/198, Alisa Golden.
- Announcement, Critical Opalescence, 2004.
- Letter signed Alisa Golden.
- Announcement, Earthwords.
- Postcard with picture of Pencil Turns by Alisa Golden.
- Catalogue, 1998-1999.
- Announcement, The Golden Beak, 1998.
- Catalogue, 1997-1998.
- Announcement, The Lending Library: The Mirror Business, The Local Desk, and Fish Cake, 1996.
- Never Mind the News newsletter, Fall 2003.
- Catalogue, 1999-2000.
- Announcement, Lizard’s Snake Suit, 1996.
- Catalogue, 1996-1997.
- Catalogue, 1995.
New York Public Library
- Prospectus, Father Abraham by William Faulkner.
Nightowl, Press of the
- Broadside, Quotation from Hokusai, 1975.
- Prospectus, The Compositor as Artist, Craftsman and Tradesman by Alexander Lawson with wood engravings by Joseph Sanders.
- Prospectus, Recognizing the Angel, poems by Mary Ann Coleman with illustrations by Margaret Agner.
- List of Limited Editions.
- Announcement, Walking by Henry David Thoreau.
- Announcement, The Real World of Manuel Rios Córdova by W.S. Merwin.
- Announcement, XXIV Short Love Poems by Bruce Whiteman.
- Announcement, Emerson & Thoreau/Spirit & Matter.
- Announcement, Grand Canyon Poems by Dean Stover
Nottingham Court Press
- Prospectus, Birds, Beasts & Flowers, 1981.
- Prospectus, The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens, facsimile of first 1846 edition.
- Prospectus, In Memoriam, by Alfred Lord Tennyson, facsimile of the Lincoln manuscript.
- Price list, June 1981.
- Catalogue No. 3.
- Announcement, How Words See: Some Twentieth-Century Poems about Works of Art, 1998.
- Announcement, Still Life and Other Poems by Julian Bell, 1987.
- Announcement, Thirteen Views of Santa Barbara by Edgar Bowers, 1989.
- Two lists of books in print, n.d.
- Prospectus, Twelve Poems by Eamon Grennan, 1988.
- Announcement, Sunday Collection, n.d.
- Announcement, The Alphabetum Romanum by Felice Feliciano of Verona, 1961.
- Booklet, Brindabella Press: The Name Regained and Other News, 1992.
- Prospectus, Iris in Her Garden: Eight Stories by Barbara Hanrahan, 1991.
- Prospectus, Smiling in English, Smoking in French: A Journal by Geoff Page, 1987.
- Prospectus, The Idyll Wheel: Cycle of a Year at Bunyah, New South Wales, April 1986 – April 1987 by Les A. Murray with wood engravings by Rosalind Atkins, 1989.
- Prospectus, The Palace with Several Sides: A Sort of Love Story by Christina Stead with wood engravings by Mike Hudson, 1986
- Prospectus, The Sea Poems of Kenneth Slessor with wood engravings by Mike Hudson, 1990
- List, Publications from 1973 to 1989 of the Officina Brindabella with a note on the beginnings of the press, 1989.
- Prospectus, Untold Lives: A Sequence of Poems by Rosemary Dobson with a wood engraving by Mike Hudson, 1992
Oxford University Press
- Booklet, The Fell Types: What Has Been Done In and About Them, by Harry Carter, 1968.
- Announcement, Andromeda Imagined, 1999.
- Prospectus, As in Queen: The Abecedarium of a Typophiliac by Leda Black
- Q & A with Leda Black
Palaemon Press Limited
- Author List and addenda, 1988.
- Announcement, Colonel Heros von Borcke’s Journal, 1981.
- The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky by Stephen Crane, 1978.
- List, books in print, 1980.
- The Bookmark newsletter, February 1980.
- List of titles, 1980.
- Letter from Heritage Book Shop, Los Angeles, California to Special Collections, May 8, 1999
- Announcement, The Holy Bible (issued by Heritage Book Shop)
- Bio of Barry Moser (issued by Heritage Book Shop)
- Letter from Pennyroyal Caxton Press to Special Collections, December 16, 1998
- Prospectus, The Holy Bible, 1998
- Greeting card with reprinted letter from William Morris, 1980
- Announcement, Exhibition of Centenary edition of Huckleberry Finn, 1985
- Letter from Blackwell’s to Special Collections signed Jack Walsdorf, April 23, 1981
- Postcard, Solar in Fyfield Manor near Oxford
- Postcard, 14th-century manor house at Fyfield, near Oxford
- Letter to subscribers signed Jeffrey Dwyer, October 28, 1985
- Prospectus, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, 1985
- Prospectus, Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
- Letter, “Dear Friends,” signed Barry, June 21 1985
- Memorandum to “Pennyroyal Friends,” signed Jeffrey Dwyer, June 25, 1985
- Prospectus, Bestiaire d’amour by Richard de Fournival
- Letter to subscribers signed Jeff Dwyer, February 2, 1986
- Prospectus, Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, 1985
- Prospectus, Huckleberry Finn, 1985
- Letter to subscribers signed Jeffrey P. Dwyer and Elizabeth O’Grady, n.d.
- Prospectus, Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Prospectus, Above the Oxbow: Selected Writings by Sylvia Plath, Catawba Press (distributed by Pennyroyal Press)
- Prospectus, The Robber Bridegroom by Eudora Welty, 1987
- The Pennyroyal Lectures and list of titles
- Six from Moser list of titles
- Folder containing prospectus and news releases for Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll with illustrations by Barry Moser (University of California Press)
- Letter from J.P. Dwyer, Inc., February 9, 1983
- Memorandum to Institutional Pennyroyal Friends from Jeffrey P. Dwyer, April 5, 1986
- List, Barry Moser’s Wood Engraving Blocks (with photocopies of the blocks)
- Greeting card, June 21, 1990.
- Prospectus for a work by Andrea Markov, 1990.
- Keepsake, “Types are designs used as symbols.”, 1988.
Perishable Press Limited
- Bibliography for the Perishable Press
- Prospectus for book no. 123, Art in America by Bobby Byrd, illustrated by David McLimans
- Prospectus for book no. 126, Nullity by Kenneth Bernard
- Prospectus for book no. 124, Whitman Sampler by Richard Wiley with woodcuts by Jim Lee, 1999
- Announcement, Whitman Sampler selected for inclusion in The American Institute of Graphic Arts 50 Books/50 Covers of 1999 exhibition
- Leaflet with text beginning “On page 27 of Nullity.”
- Prospectus, George Bernard Shaw: Eight Interviews by Hayden Church
- Prospectus, From Snow to Snow by Robert Frost with photographs by B.A. King
- Announcement, Duino Elegies by Rainer Maria Rilke
- Announcement, The Gettysburg Address, 1988
- Announcement, The Ascent of Mount Ventoux: A Letter from Petrarch with a wood engraving by John DePol, 1989
- Keepsake, “A Franklin Calendar for Printers.” Lanston Monotype Machine Company. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1956. Printed by John Anderson: The Pickering Press.
- Announcement, “You are invited to attend the 4th annual book arts workshop…” 1984
- Booklet, “Types,” 1956
Plain Wrapper Press
- Plain Wrapper Press Newsletter: One. From Richard-Gabriel Rummonds. Verona, Italy, December 1974.
- Keepsake, “A Street Scene in Verona,” 1978
- Keepsake, “Some events relating to the English typefounder of the early seventeen- hundreds, and an opinion by him.” Printed for distribution among The Typophiles by The Platen Press, Orinda, California, 1948.
- Keepsake, “Four Monometer Poem Bookmarks,” 1978
- Keepsake, “Some Doubts in Translating,” Arthur Graham, 1973
- Broadside, “A Printer’s Progress” by A. Graham
Pony X Press
- Notepaper, “Join the Knot Hole Gang…”
- Broadside, “Marshall White welcome to the Pony X Press,” framed
- Arrow Amateur nos. 1, 36, 48, 61, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87
- List of titles for the Posthorn Press.
- “A Keepsake for the Typophiles of New York and Friends of Carroll D. Coleman, George M. Dashe, Norman W. Forgue.” Black Cat Press and Prairie Press, 1938.
- Keepsake, Benjamin Franklin’s letter to his sister Jane, 1970.
- Card, “Christmas Greeting to the Friends of the Printery,” 1979.
- Card, “How Santa Claus Came to Sir Slason,” n.d.
- Card, “Best Wishes for the Holiday Season,” with “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost, 1983.
- Card, “The Printery wishes you a healthy and prosperous 1979,” with “The Rubricator’s Notes.”
- Keepsake, William Morris and the Sailor, 1978.
- Prospectus, Shaking Hands with Immortality: Encomiums for Vincent Starrett, 1886-1974, 1975. 2 copies.
- Keepsake, “London and Its Neighbourhood of Printers, 1658,” 1975. 2 copies.
- Keepsake, “A Prognostication and Of the Future State of North America,” 1975. 2 copies.
- Broadside, “The Selkirk Grace,” 1970.
- Card, “Christmas with Washington Irving,” 1984.
- Broadside, “The Hardship of Accounting,” n.d.
- St. Louis Gazette vol. 1, no. 1 (January 13, 1976).
- Announcement, The Coquettish Doll by Eugene Field, n.d.
- Keepsake, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost, 1983
- Keepsake, “A Prognostication,” 1975
- Keepsake, ” London and its neighborhood of printers,” 1975
- Keepsake, “Christmas with Washington Irving,” 1984
- Keepsake, “The Mississippi: November 7, 1837,” 1986
- Keepsake, “How Santa Claus Came to Sir Slason,” 1980
- Card with note from Kay Michael Kramer, 1979
- Newsletter, St. Louis Gazette, vol. 1, no. 1, January 13, 1976
- Announcement, Puella by James Dickey, 1985.
- Announcement, The Last Baron of Arizona by Joanna Halpert Kraus, 1985.
- Prospectus, Venus and Adonis by William Shakespeare, 1984.
- Announcement, The Warrington Poems by Alberto Ríos, 1989.
- Prospectus, PETRIfied forEAST, 1994.
- Prospectus, The Geography of Home: 40 Original Prints by Elizabeth Sanchez, Gary Young and Gene Holtan. Text by Gary Young
- Postcard announcement, Wind/Call Yourself Nothing by Mary Louise Laird
- Announcement, One-Handed Basket Weaving: twenty poems by Jelaluddin Rumi with illustrations by Mary Laird
- Hamill, Sam. Review of One-Handed Basket Weaving by Jelaluddin Rumi from Bookways, January 1994.
- Van Vliet, Claire. Review of Snaketrain/Freightrain: A Poem in Four Parts by Joe Napora, Bookways July 1992.
- Prospectus, The Journal of Elizabeth Jennings Wilson, 1853-1867, 1987.
- Books in print, March 1980. Inscribed from Lois Rather.
- Prospectus, J. Ross Brown, Adventurer, 1981
Reading Lion Press
- Card, “Marcus ut alta fremit vox per deserta leonis”, with illustration of a lion
- Card with illustration of a lion printed on pink paper, 1984
- Card, The Pony Barn, Boot Hill Farm
- Card with bouquet of flowers
- Keepsake, John Jacob Niles, 1983
- Keepsake, “after a Picasso portrait of Witold-K.”
- Card, Christmas 1982
- Card, Ship woodcut, 1982
- Card, winged lion, 1982
- Card, Boot Hill Farm on Boone Creek
- Card, “1791 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1991. Opera of Central Kentucky.”
- Print of a house on translucent paper
Red Butte Press
- Prospectus, De Historia Stirpium by Leonhart Fuchs, 1982
- Portfolio card, “Red Butte Press,” 2003. 2 copies.
Red Ozier Press
- Booklet, “New Titles for Fall 1983 by Edouard Roditi, Guy Davenport, Lawrence Fixel from the Red Ozier Pres.”
- Prospectus, Paul’s Blues by Ned Rorem with lyrics by Paul Goodman and title page by Larry Rivers, 1984
- Greeting card, “A special greeting to you from the fellows at Red Ozier, Steve & Ken. 1985″
- Card, “Red Ozier Press Spring 1984″ with announcements for Wuck Wuck Wuck! by Russell Edson and Hellenistics by Richard Howard
- Postcard, “Two new books from Red Ozier” with announcements for In The Month of May by Robert Bly and Chanson by Antonin Artaud, postmarked 1985
- Announcement, Careless Love and Its Apostrophes by William Bronk, 1985
- Card, “Red Ozier is pleased to announce two new titles for 1986,” with announcements for Small Ceremonies by Connie Martin and Telegram from Dakar by Henri Michaux
- Card, “For I have learned…” 1984
- Card, woodcut of papermakers, 1981
- Card, “Heap on more wood!” 1983
- Keepsake, “Caxton hys hynke,” 1986
- Booklet, “The Closed Shop or Open Shop: Which?” by Elbert Hubbard (Fra Elbertus), 1916.
Salient Seedling Press
- Postcard with announcement for Dorothy During Wounded Knee by Karen Snider
Santa Fe Press
- Booklet, “Children, Students and a Few Adults” by Haniel Long, 1942.
- Booklet, “French Soldier Home from Being a War Prisoner” by Haniel Long, 1942.
Santa Susana Press
- Booklet, “Fiscal and Acquisition Implications of the Tax Reform Act of 1969 for Research Libraries” by Norman E. Tanis, 1977. signed by the author.
- Booklet, “The Tax Reform Act of 1969 a Decade Later” by Norman E. Tanis and Gayle Goldberg, 1979. 48/250 copies.
- Announcement, Printing Poetry by Clifford Burke, 1980.
- Announcement, Rab and Dab by Elizabeth Allston Pringle
- Announcement, Elmer by William Faulkner
Shakespeare Head Press
- Prospectus, Pindar’s Odes of Victory, 1928
- Prospectus, The Whole Works of Homer, 1930
- Prospectus, The Noble and Joyous Boke Entytled Le Morte D’Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory, 1933
Sherwin Beach Press
- Folder with picture postcards and announcements for: The Essence of Beeing by Michael Lenehan, Within the Context of No Context by George W.S. Trow, $144 a Month by Steve Bogira, and The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain
- Prospectus, Ballet for the Opening Day by Nelson Algren with etchings by Tony Fitzpatrick
- Prospectus, “Two timeless books from a new fine press” with announcements for The Essence of Beeing by Michael Lenehan and Within the Context of No Context by George W.S. Trow
- Announcement, “From Sherwin Beach Press” with announcements for The Essence of Beeing by Michael Lenehan and Within the Context of No Context by George W.S. Trow
- Prospectus, To Every Thing there is a Season…
- Prospectus, We Were Innocent: Eight Vignettes by Edzia J. Goldstein
Silver Buckle Press
- Announcement, The Significance of the Frontier in American History by Frederick Jackson Turner.
Simpson, Herbert W.
- Keepsake, “Hamlet: to the players,” by William Shakespeare, presented in commemoration of the 391st anniversary of his birth
- Announcement, Laudes Creatorum by Saint Francis of Assisi
- Review of Laudes Creatorum from Print Collectors Newsletter XXIV, no. 1 (March-April 1993), 22.
- Form letter addressed “Dear Librarian,” signed Stanley Marcus, 17 June 1992
- Price list of publications.
Speculum Orbis Press
- Prospectus, The New World Series, 1508-1992
- Booklet, “George Washington’s Farewell Address to His Countrymen,” printed in June 1954 for the friends of Curtis Paper Company.
- Booklet, “The Declaration of Independence as Written by Thomas Jefferson,” printed in June 1955 for the friends of Curtis Paper Company
- Announcement, Über das Marionettentheater by Henrich von Kleist with etchings by Neil Moore, 1984
Stamperia del Santuccio
- Proof sheets for Concern for the Art of Civilized Man (43 sheets)
- Proof sheets, poetry (74 sheets)
- Sheet from Samson Agonistes, 1931
- Prospectus, Samson Agonistes, 1931
Stern & Faye, Printers
- Letter to Margaret Howell signed C. Stern and Jules Faye
- Booklet with press information and price list
- Keepsake, Blue Global Line ticket with “Happy New Year! — Jules and Chris” handwritten on the back
Still Point Press
- Prospectus, Acetaria: A Discourse of Sallets by John Evelyn. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Remembering Carl Hertzog: A Texas Printer and His Books by Al Lowman.
- Booklet, “Samuel Jones and the New York Society Library” by Harvey Simmonds, 1976.
- Prospectus, Old Earl Died Pulling Traps, published by Bruccoli Clark publishers and printed by the Stinehour Press, 1984.
Stone House Press
- Prospectus, Porfolio One/1983 with woodcuts by John DePol
- Prospectus, Renewals by Gerard Previn Meyer, 1981
- Postcard with announcement for Heartwood: New Poems by Norbert Krapf with wood engravings by John DePol
- Prospectus, Heartwood: New Poems by Norbert Krapf with wood engravings by John DePol
- Prospectus, Waking to the Day: Selected Poems by Dorothy Hatch with wood engravings by John DePol, 1985
- Prospectus, Eight Poems for Saint Walt by William Heyen with wood engravings by John DePol, 1985
- Recent and Forthcoming Books, 1988. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, Incantation: Poems and Collages by John Digby, 1987
- Prospectus, “Thoughts on Tintern Abbey” by Andrew Digby. Stone House Press Broadside #13.
- Recent and Forthcoming books and broadsides, 1985-1986
- Prospectus, Under Open Sky: Poets on William Cullen Bryant, edited by Norbert Krapf with wood engravings by John DePol, 1986
- Announcement, From Dark to Light: Engravings for the Stone House Press by John DePol, 1988
- Announcemnet, “The Tincan” by William Jay Smith, chapbook #3, 1988, and “Journey to the Interior” by William Jay Smith, Broadside #14, 1988
- Announcement, Checklist of Stone House Press Books & Ephemera, 1978-1988, 1989
- Stone House Press Newsletter, fall 1991.
Street of Crocodiles Printery
- Prospectus, Fallen Angels, 2000
- Prospectus, The Ladies’ Printing Bee, 1995.
- Booklet, “A Printer’s Tale: Retold & Privately Printed by Perry Stricker,” New York, 1943.
- Booklet, “A Comp’s-Eye View of Footnotes” by Emerson G. Wulling, 1953.
- Keepsake, “What the L Books of 1928 Looked Like…”, 1986
Sun Moon Bear Press
- Prospectus, The White Bones of the Year are Scattered Among Jonquils by Lee Perron
Sutton Hoo Press
- Prospectus, Selections from The Yellow Emperor’s Inner Classic, trans. Wu Jing Nuan. 2 copies.
- Announcement, “Bread Without Sugar” by Gerald Stern, 2 copies.
- Announcement, “Evolution” by Anthony Butts with woodcuts by Tom Huck
- Announcement, North American Bear by Charles Wright with woodcuts by Gary Young
- Limited edition press books from Sutton Hoo Press
- Sample page, “Step-Children of Paradise” from North American Bear by Charles Wright with woodcuts by Gary Young
- Broadside, “The Ditch” by David Dodd Lee with image by Ladislav Hunka, 2002
- Card with contact information for Sutton Hoo Press
- Newsletter, 1 April 2001
- Books in print, April 2001
- Leaflet, “About Swamp Press”
- Swamp Press Catalogue, November 1985
Sylvester & Orphanos Publishers
- Brochure, “The Signed Limited Editions Published by Sylvester & Orphanos.”
- Announcement, Let Thy Words Be Few: Poems by J.V. Cunningham. 2 copies.
- Prospectus, “Claude Monet” by Janet Savin.
Taylor, W. Thomas
- Prospectus, Twelve Bindings by Michael Wilcox
- Announcement, Andalusian Poems, trans. Christopher Middleton and Leticia Garza-Falcón
- Announcement, Cántico Espiritual by St. John of the Cross, trans. Willis Barnstone
- Catalogue #56, “Fine Books, Old and New, with a Checklist of Books Produced in Our Printing Office”
- Card, “We’ve moved (again)!” with new contact information
- Announcement, Robert Frost and His Printers, by Joe Blumenthal
- Announcement, Doors of Perception: Essays in Book Typography by Harry Duncan, second printing, 1987
- Books in print from the Kairos Press, 1987
- Prospectus, Bert Clarke, Typographer
- Prospectus, Monkey Poems & Semi-likewise by Eugene Walter
- Prospectus, Robert Frost and His Printers, by Joe Blumenthal
- Prospectus, Two Against the Tide: A Conscientious Objector in World War II, Selected Letters, 1941-1948 by Adrian Wilson
- Prospectus, The first English binding & marbling manuals & le premier manuel de reliure imprimé séparément en français.
- Prospectus, Twelve Bindings by Michael Wilcox (with Maillol woodcut on the front)
- Prospectus, The Tragedie of King Lear with illustrations by Claire Van Vliet of the Janus Press and printed by Michael Alpert of the Theodore Press
- Card, “Take Your Pick of the Books we Make & Sell.”
- Prospectus, The Ashendene Press by Colin Franklin, published by Bridwell Library, Southern Methodist University
- Prospectus, The Stone Beloved: Six Poems by Dante Alighieri with lithographs by Peter Nickel
- Prospectus, Audubon’s Great National Work: The Royal Octavo Edition of The Birds of America by Ron Tyler
- Prospectus, Italian Book-Illustrations and Early Printing: A Catalogue of the Early Italian Books in the Library of C.W. Dyson Perrins, described by A.W. Pollard
- Prospectus, Plain Wrapper Press, 1966-1988 with bibliographic descriptions by Elaine Smyth
- Prospectus, Printers’ Choice: A Selection of American Press Books, 1968-1978 by Ruth E. Fine and William Matheson, 1983
- Announcement, Birds Nesting by John Clare, with list of titles in preparation.
- Greeting card, “Violet and Hal W. Trovillion wisheth to all their friends health and perpetual felicity for Christmas and the New Year.”
Thee Hellbox Press
- Announcement, The First Paradise, Odetta… by Pier Paolo Pasolini, 1986.
- The Toothpaste Press Catalogue, fall 1981
- List of titles in print, n.d.
- List of titles in print, winter 1983
- List of titles in print, fall 1983
- Announcement, Canciones by Antonio Machado
- Prospectus, “A Visit from St. Alphabet” by Dave Morice
- Booklet, “The Work of a Man” by Jacob A. Riis. Forty copies privately printed at the Torch Press, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. June 1952. This is number [16. Printed for J. Christian Day (handwritten)].
Trovillion Private Press
- Keepsake, “An Old Diet Calendar,” compiled by Gervase Markham, signed Hal Trovillion
- Booklet, “I Salute the Silver Horse” by Paul Jordan-Smith, 1958, signed by Violet and Hal Trovillion
- Prospectus, Fantasy and Nonsense by James Whitcomb Riley with woodcuts by Berrot Hubrecht
- Announcement, Stolen & Contaminated Poems by James Laughlin, 1985
Tuscany Alley, Press in
- Prospectus, The Ephemera of Adrian Wilson: An Annotated List, 1944-1988 by James Linden, 1994.
- Announcement, Notebook Poems: 1953 by Robert Duncan with three drawings by Jess.
- Announcement, Devour the Fire: Selected Poems of Harry Crosby, edited by Sy M. Kahn. 2 copies.
- Announcement, With a Heart Full of Love: Jack London’s Presentation Inscriptions to the Women in His Life edited by Sal Noto
- Prospectus, The Belvedere by Lawrence P. Spingarn
- Card, “Subject: American Christmas Cards”
- Card, “The Typophiles,” October 1939
- Card, “Greetings.” January 1950
- Booklet, “A Five-Syllable Sentence Meaning, ‘Adolf, Wo Bist Du?’”
- Booklet, “Christmas in Germany” by William H. Crawford, Jr., Oxford University Press, 1949.
- Portfolio, “The Typophiles Salute Will Bradley, 1868-1954, and proudly light another birthday candle July 10,” signed “To Leonard Gold, Kind Regards, Will Bradley” and containing a signed wood engraving
- Invitation, “You are invited to participate in a dinner,” October 4, 1938
- Keepsake, “Dear Fritz Kredel, Life begins in U.S.A. Welcome to New York. Please excuse my probable absence tonight and pardon the misrepresentation of your mental property. Yours sincerely, George Salter.” New York, October 4, 1938
- Cards, “The Guard will accept this pass and admit one to the Typophile dinner in honor of Fritz Kredel.” 2 copies.
- Booklet, “Greetings to Fritz Kredel upon his first visit to America,” by R. Hunter Middleton, printed by Norman W. Forgue at the Black Cat Press, September 1938.
- Keepsake, “Welcome, Fritz Kredel,” with a woodcut by Hans Alexander Mueller courtesy of the artist and his publisher J.J. Augustin and printed by Joseph Blumenthal at the Spiral Press
- Business card for Herbert Bittner, the Westermann Gallery, New York
- Keepsake, Quotation from Viriginia Woolf, 394/500 copies, 1982
- Business card, John F. Guido, MASC, WSU Libraries
USC Fine Arts Press
- Prospectus, The Letter of Columbus on His Discovery of the New World.
- Prospectus, The Belvedere by Lawrence P. Spingarn
Walter Row Press
- Announcement, Visions of America by Jack Keruoac, November 1991
- Card, “Isn’t it about time you collected Warwick Press books?” June 1986
- Announcement, From Stripper to Publisher or, How Printing Changed My Life by Carol J. Blinn, October 1986
- Announcement, Once Upon a Time/Book Three by Frieda Fitzenmeyer
- Announcement, Once Upon a Time/Book Four by Frieda Fitzenmeyer
- Announcement, Once Upon a Time/Book Five by Frieda Fitzenmeyer
- Keepsake, A Multiple Occasion Card – Duck with Clock, 1986
- Article from Yankee, January 1988. photocopy
- Announcement, Your Poems by James L. Weil
- Announcement, The War Zone by John Barr
- Prospectus, the Washburn College Bible
Wayside Press (Charlottesville, Virginia)
- Prospectus, The Thorough-Bred Horse, Democrat, 1990
Wayside Press (Rockville, Connecticut)
- Announcement for special type-casting of Worrell Uncial
- Impressions, summer 1958
- Ink Daubings, vol. 2 no. 1, winter 1959
Wayside Press (Kingston, Rhode Island)
- Keepsake, “On Silver Slivers,” 1987
- Announcement from Joshua Heller Rare Books, Ockers, 1999
- Keepsake, “Acts passed at the second session of the general assembly for the commonwealth of Kentucky,” 1985
- Keepsake, “Papermaking by Hand,” 1982
- News of Books from Whittington, January 1994
- News of Books from Whittington, no. 2, October 1995
- News of Books from Whittington, no. 3, January 1997
- News of Books from Whittington, no. 4, January 1998
- Booklet, “The Whittington Press has in hand three important projects for 1994- 1995″
- Card with information about the press
- Catalogue, Books from the Whittington Press, 1983-1984
- Article. Tompkins, Hawley T. “Fear and Loathing in Brookston, Indiana.” Offprint from Matrix.
- Prospectus, In Medias Res by William Everson with woodcuts by Tom Killion
- Prospectus, Ines Reigned in Death by Luis Velez de Guevara, 1988
- Announcement, Carnival in Venice, 1991.
- Keepsake, Typocrafters 1990 Perpetual Calendar (3 copies of the calendar on orange paper)
- Keepsake, perpetual calendar (1 copy on heavy gray stock)
- Invitation, Twelfth Night, 1993
- Invitation, Twelfth Night, 1991
- Invitation, Twelfth Night, undated
- Invitation, Twelfth Night, 1984
- Stationery, W. Gay Reading
- Card, Munch’s Corner
- Card, The Medieval Hunt/The St. Eustace Legend, 1983
- Stationery, Lexington Bonsai Society, 1983
- Keepsake, Plant and Crystal woodcut by Victor Hammer, 1989
- Card, Season’s Greetings, with woodcut after Hypnerotomachia Poliphili
- Card, Alen Windland
- Etching (?) of two birds, proof for Ines Reigned in Death
- Etching (?) of a faun, proof for Ines Reigned in Death
- Jones fiftieth anniversary invitation, 1983
- Nolen-Jones wedding announcement, 1933
- Invitation, Cocktails at Richmond Place, 1991
- Stationery, Lexington Bonsai Society, 1983
- Card, Opera of Central Kentucky, Buffet Buffo, 1990
- Miller-Hathaway wedding invitation, 1991
- Broadside, “Proclamation of the Kentucky Arts Council,” 1984
- Card, “Encomia to the Gnomon Press in its twenty-fifth year of publishing from the Anvil and Windell Presses,” 1990
- Card, “Your comforting expression of sympathy…”
Windhover Press, University of Iowa
- Postcard announcement, With Some Justification by Warren Slesinger
- Announcement, Forked Branches: Translations of Medieval Poems by Ezra Pound
- Announcement, Within the Walls by HD with wood engravings by Dellas Herke
- Announcement, Memoirs of an Ismaric Spear by George d’Almeida Postcard
- Announcement, Flowers of August by William Carlos Williams
- Postcard, The Flowers of August by William Carlos Williams
- Announcement, The Persistence of Myth by Pam Longobardi and Deep End I by Hugh Merrill
Ye Olde Printery
- Announcement, Rare books on printing history now made available again
Yellow Barn Press
- Announcement, The Yellow Barn Press: A History and Bibliography compiled by Jack Walsdorf
- Prospectus, Manuale Typographicum by Hermann Zapf