Library Resources for Alumni
- Due to license restrictions, we cannot provide remote access to MU Libraries’ online resources.
You can access most of our databases by visiting the MU Libraries in person.
There are a number of databases freely available on the Internet that can assist you in locating articles on a particular topic(s). These librarian recommended databases are:
- PubMed for medical and health topics
- AGRICOLA for agricultural topics
- ERIC for education topics
- WorldCat to find books, music, videos, articles …
- Google Scholar to find scholarly literature (peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports) from all broad areas of research
- Free Resources
- If you are a health professional practicing in Missouri and would like access to Ovid MEDLINE and other medical resources, consider signing up for an individual membership in the MAHEC Digital Library.
- Off Campus (For all alumni members)
You can search the MERLIN Catalog (MU Libraries’ Catalog) from anywhere in the world.
MU graduates who are members of the Mizzou Alumni Association (MAA) may borrow books owned by MU Libraries at no charge. This does not include Interlibrary loan privileges and book requests from MOBIUS Libraries. If you are not a MAA member, you can purchase a MU Libraries borrowers card for $35.
Please bring your current MU Alumni Association membership card, your Missouri or other state Driver’s License or Missouri State photo ID card, and proof of permanent address (no post office boxes, please) to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk.
Persons who have outstanding fines or bills or books that have not been returned on their library records will need to resolve those issues before a courtesy card may be issued.
- Questions should be directed to the Ellis Circulation Desk: call 573-882-3362 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MU Digital Resources
- Special Collections
- University Archives Online Exhibits
- University of Missouri Digital Library