Vice Provost Report – Ann Campion Riley
- Ann gave a budget report. All campus units are modelling 10, 12.5 and 15% cuts. We don’t know how much will really be cut. Layoffs are a possibility. People will be told as soon as possible, well before any big announcements.
- Signs in the libraries, specifically the ones by the Bookmark Café, have been removed so that we can make room for our new posters.
Q/A What will the posters be? We are looking at some of the transform posters as well as those modeled in the ALA catalog.
- Ann’s meetings with Chancellor Cartwright is making an impact and is representative by his mentioning the Libraries in his recent campus address. The brief mention was shown at the SAG meeting.
Q/A When will we know the budget outcomes? Our first meeting with the Provost and Rhonda Gibler is this Friday. The state legislature is slated to pass a budget May 1st. There is no official decision date at this time. We will start talking to people if it seems like we need to prepare personnel. There are lots of pieces to this puzzle that we are waiting to fall into place so that we know what additional decisions we need to make.
Campus Safety – Sheryl Cullina
Sheryl announced that MUPD offers in depth active shooter training. This training will likely occur after business hours. Sheryl will look into setting up a time for this training to be available for University Libraries employees.
- Sheryl showed the Run, Hide, Fight video produced by MUPD representing how we can respond to an active shooter scenario at MU.
- Sheryl showed some additional Self-Defense programs available through the University.
- Kathy added that the University is working on online training materials that we will need to complete this fall.
- Please contact LTS if you did not receive an Alert on your computer for today’s tornado warning.
Q/A – What is the timeline to complete the Activity survey for those who did not complete it last week? Supervisors with employees that have not completed the survey have received an email and need to complete the survey on behalf of the employee by Friday.
Lib Cal – Nav Khanal
Nav walked through the Lib Cal and demonstrated how to book a room and some cautionary operations. He answered a few specific questions about warnings for double booking and deleting bookings. It was suggested that a start date and end date were added to the programming so that we can book events over multiple dates. Marie also suggested that the programming be modified to allow modifying a series of events’ start or end dates without being required to delete the series and add it again.
Closing remarks – Kevin McFillen
Kevin’s time as Chair of Staff Advisory Group is coming to an end and Kate Wright will soon serve as Chair. If there are any suggestions you would like to make to the format of the SAG meetings please let Kevin know.
Tuesday, April 3 at 10:00 AM – next Staff Advisory Group town hall meeting.