Don’t miss out! Tier 2 of the 2017 Wellness Incentive ends September 30.
If you’ve already completed Tier 1, make sure to finish Tier 2 of the 2017 Wellness Incentive by September 30 in order to earn $400* in your final October paycheck. Define what wellness means to you and participate in a number of eligible activities to earn 400 points. Walking, biking, yoga, community service, diversity and inclusion activities, and learning about a variety of wellness topics can earn you points and help you define what wellness means to you! For a full list of eligible activities, access the 2017 Wellness Incentive Tier 2 Activities Guide.
* Your 2017 Wellness Incentive earnings will be taxed and voluntary retirement contributions will be deducted, just like with other earnings. All may participate in wellness program, but only some employees are able to earn the incentive; see http://umurl.us/incentive for eligibility details.
UHC Real Appeal Presentation
Caroline Murphy, UHC Nurse Liaison, will be presenting about Real Appeal, a simple, step-by-step program designed to introduce small changes over time that lead to healthier habits and long lasting weight loss results. The program is offered at no cost to all eligible University of Missouri faculty and staff, spouses, and dependents 18+ with a UM medical plan and a BMI of 23 or greater.
Real Appeal comes with a number of complimentary tools and resources including:
- A Personal Transformation Coach, who leads weekly online group sessions and is available to you for a full year of guidance and support
- A Success Kit, shipped right to your door and containing step-by-step guides, workout DVDs & equipment, healthy recipes, kitchen tools including a personal blender and more
- The Real Appeal website and Mobile App which gives you 24/7 access to tools such as trackers to monitor your food intake, activity and weight, your own personal inbox to connect directly with your coach, a library full of resources and more to keep you on the road to success
Who: Participation in the presentation is available to all faculty and staff with a UM medical plan. Covered dependents will not be able to attend the presentation, but can contact Caroline Murphy, UHC Nurse Liaison for more information about Real Appeal.
Date: 2 dates to choose from
- August 31, 2017
- September 28, 2017
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Location: Choose between Ellis Library or University Hall telepresence conference room
Register: Click here to register. There are 2 Columbia locations. Click on ‘Details’ to view and select either the Ellis Library or University Hall location. Space is limited.
As a Healthy for Life sponsored workshop, eligible employees may earn 25 points for participation in the presentation. There are a maximum of 100 points possible for this category. Participation in the UHC Real Appeal program is not eligible for wellness incentive points. Contact email@example.com with questions.
- August 16 – Managing Work-Life Conflict
- August 21 – Onboarding: The Principles of Organizational Socialization
- August 28 – Managing Change: Strategies for Individuals
Help Needed for Research Studies
Research leads to important discoveries that improve our lives. You can learn more about participating in research from MU’s Institutional Review Board. Check out 2 opportunities below to participate in research at MU.
Targeting Childhood to Prevent Adult Obesity
The main purpose of the study is to determine if parental food rules and eating behaviors during childhood are predictors of adulthood dietary patterns and weight status. Participants must be 18 or older and will be asked to complete an anonymous, 10 minute survey. If you have questions, contact Kristen Herigon with the Health Services Management Graduate Program at 573-220-3709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overnight Glucose Study – LIFE
Are you pre-diabetic or Type 2 Diabetes? Do you have high morning blood glucose levels? This study will examine your overnight and morning fasting glucose levels in response to exercise at various times of the day. The study is recruiting individuals who are:
- Need both males and females
- Must be 25-65 years old
- Non-smoker, not on insulin
- Cannot have sleep apnea
- Not pregnant
If interested, please contact Becky Shafer, MS at 573-882-4517 or email@example.com. Sponsored by Nutrition & Exercise Physiology.