This is a .50 FTE staff position for MU Libraries.
- Perform basic repair and maintenance of buildings including fixed and moveable equipment and fixtures.
- Replace air freshener cans and batteries in restrooms, Ellis Library, on a monthly basis.
- Repair, hang, and/or remove bulletin boards, dry erase boards, plaques, art work, interior banners, and/or posters.
- Replace carpet tiles, Ellis Library, as needed.
- Repair and/or remove cabinets, event panels, cubicle walls, coat racks, blinds, study carrel doors.
- Assemble new chairs, tables, cabinets, and other specialized items upon receipt.
- Perform some semi-skilled mechanical trades work relating to the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, fixtures and units.
- Replace light bulbs and starters, as well as dust contents, in designated display cases.
- Install and/or remove a wide variety of library shelving in all library branches, except Law. Also includes safe retrieval and storage or shelving parts from designated storage areas.
- Perform some semi-skilled building trades work in carpentry, painting, plastering, etc.
- Clean and/or repair chairs and tables, which includes replacing frames, arms, casters, gliders and bumper protection. Monthly, adjust and level tables in public areas.
- Refinish, repair and/or stain wooden shelving, tables, chairs, cabinets, and doors.
- Clean and paint areas with graffiti.
- Notify supervisor or arrange for skilled trades staff for repair and installation tasks requiring an advanced level of skill.
- May perform or assist with preparation of cost and time estimates, material orders, reports and maintenance of records.
- Keep workshop and other maintenance-related storage areas clean and in compliance with Environmental Health & Safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $13.55 – $14.25 per hour
Internal applicants can determine their current grade and university title by accessing the Job Information page through the Additional Employee Info tile in myHR.
The successful candidate will be scheduled 5 days/week (M-F), 4 hours per day. Shifts will be during the day between 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
High school diploma or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
Two years of general maintenance experience is required. (Some or all of the two years of experience may be required to be in a specific skill area of concentration; i.e., carpentry, plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc.)
- Skill in the maintenance and operation of tools, equipment and materials
- Sufficient strength to perform heavy lifting and work on ladders on an occasional basis
- Valid driver’s licenseNote: Depending on the nature of work performed, the incumbent may be required to wear a respirator or self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as outlined in the “Industrial Standard for Respirator Use”.
Apply online at https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff with Job ID 30346.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non-benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits