The Math Sciences Library maintains a reserve collection of materials designated by instructors for courses taught in the departments of Mathematics and Statistics. Library books will be the only materials held on reserve in the Math Sciences Library. Bound volumes of journals are not usually held on reserve. Reserve materials are filed by department and course number and usually circulate for two hours. Students may ask for reserve materials at the library Circulation Desk.
Reserve Information for Students
- Search ERes (Electronic Reserves)
- Check the MERLIN Catalog to see a list of print reserve materials by course name or by professor’s name.
- Students should also ask their instructors what reserve materials are available for their course and which library has these materials.
- A valid MU student, staff or faculty ID is required to check out Reserve materials. Reserve materials are usually due in two hours, one day or three days–the loan period is determined by the professor. Two items may be checked out at a time and may not be renewed. Reserve materials should be returned by the time due to the Reserve Desk. They should never be returned another library. Fines are assessed at $2.00 per hour for overdue materials. Students should take care to find out when reserve materials are due back and return them promptly.
Reserve Information for Instructors
- A list of Library books to be placed on reserve should be supplied to your library at least two weeks before the semester they are to be used. This prevents students from checking them out and delaying your use of them for reserve. The appropriate forms for reserve lists are available at the Math Sciences Library. For more information about placing material on Reserve, faculty should contact the staff at 882-7286.
- Any photocopied materials placed on reserve MUST follow the MU Libraries’ Copyright Policy.